Saturday, March 7, 2015

DIY Splatter Letters

I wanted to do something a little more bubbly and fun for the Easter mantel decor. So I decided to do splatter painted letters and they turned out just how I imagined them! 


You will need:
- letters (I found ones that stand up on their own at Hobby Lobby)
- spray paint for the base color (I chose white)
- a small tube of paint (got mine from walmart)
- a straw
- something to put the letters on so it doesn't get on the floor (poster board, cardboard, trash bag, ex.)

To start take all the tags off the letters, if yours didn't come with price tags, proceed to the next step ;)

Take the letters outside (I put them on an old flattened card board box) to spray paint them. I didn't take pictures of this step because there's nothing to it. Easy peazy, just make sure you get all angles and do a few coats. I left them over night to dry in the garage.

Next, get your letters and put them on the protective surface of your choice. I used an unopened calendar that was within reach because it was big enough.


Dip your straw into the paint tube if it fits. It's a lot less messy. Then pull it out and put it about a foot away from the letter and blow forcefully into the straw to create the splatter. 




The closer you are to the letter, the smaller the area will be covered in spots. If you are further away the spots will be smaller but they will cover a bigger area.


I scribbled through some of the paint with my straw to add other textures too.

And there you have it! Easiest DIY in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment