Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIY Frame Decor

I've been looking for ways to spice up my sewing area lately. Then a little light bulb lit up over my head and I grabbed an old frame I had bought at a thrift store and some yarn.
 
I figured I could use this as décor and also use it to hang sewing/crafting inspiration on.
 
What you need:
- yarn
- a frame
- hot glue gun or stapler (optional depending on the type of frame you have)
- scissors

I had a metal frame with designs that provided holes as you can see, so I just threaded my yarn through that.
 
(If you have a wooden, plastic or metal frame just hot glue an end of the yarn to the back)

See, I just threaded it through. The pom poms made it to where I didn't have to use the hot glue gun.

Then I just wrapped it around the frame zig zag-like. (I often make up my own words, hang with me)

To finish it I thread the last pom through at the top where I began. That way the yarn was doubled up to add more lines inside the frame.

And there you go! Easy peasy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment